Wednesday 28 November 2012

Movies X9: MTV News Latest Headlines: Carly Rae Jepsen Insists She's 'Stoked' To Be 27 But Look 17

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
MTV News Latest Headlines: Carly Rae Jepsen Insists She's 'Stoked' To Be 27 But Look 17
Nov 28th 2012, 19:04

MTV News Latest Headlines
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
Carly Rae Jepsen Insists She's 'Stoked' To Be 27 But Look 17
Nov 28th 2012, 06:37

The 'Call Me Maybe' singer opens up to Cosmopolitan about looking years younger than 27, her fun-size stature and finding love. By Jocelyn Vena

Carly Rae Jepsen Photo: Scott Legato/ WireImage

Carly Rae Jepsen first burst on the scene with her bubbly, tween-friendly anthem, "Call Me Maybe." The tune, and Jepsen's youthful appearance, had many fans pegging her as the latest teen sensation, right alongside her boss Justin Bieber.

Turns out though, Jepsen is far from being a teen. In fact, the Canadian songstress is well into her 20s. But, if you think it bothers her that she probably gets carded all the time, think again. "If people think I look younger, then that's great; I'm stoked. But I turned 27 in November, and when I look in the mirror, I see all of the years attached to that face, and I'm content with me," she tells the latest issue of Cosmopolitan.

Makeover, maybe: Should Carly Rae leave her high school wardrobe behind?

In the end though, Jepsen isn't trying to pass herself off as younger. She just happens to feel comfortable performing in youthful clothes and sporting her famous, age-defying bangs. "I love being classy and as elegant as possible in my apartment. But when I'm onstage, I can't dance in 4-and-a-half-inch heels, so I'll generally sport flats," she continued about her young look. "I'm 5 feet 2, so yeah, I'm going to look a little bit more playful. But I don't think that means I'm trying for an age younger than I am."

Then, there's also an interest in her love life, considering that she skyrocketed to fame with a song about picking up a guy, the aforementioned "Call Me Maybe." But she's no longer handing out her number to potential beaus. She's found love with fellow musician, Matthew Koma. The twosome met while working on her current single, "This Kiss," along with a very famous Party Rocker who may have nudged the romance along.

"[LMFAO's] Redfoo is our Cupid — a cupid in zebra-print pajamas! Foo's awesome," she said of the match-up. "He ended up introducing me and Matthew."

What do you think of Carly Rae Jepsen's look? Tell us in the comments!

Related Artists

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment