Monday 22 October 2012

Movies X9: MTV News Latest Headlines: T.I. Brings Lil Wayne Back To New Orleans For 'Ball' Video

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
MTV News Latest Headlines: T.I. Brings Lil Wayne Back To New Orleans For 'Ball' Video
Oct 22nd 2012, 21:07

MTV News Latest Headlines
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
T.I. Brings Lil Wayne Back To New Orleans For 'Ball' Video
Oct 22nd 2012, 09:06

'He shot it in some spots that I hadn't been in so long,' Weezy tells MTV News of his part in the clip, premiering tonight on VH1. By Rob Markman

T.I. Photo: Rahav Segev/ Getty Images

No doubt about it, Lil Wayne is a Louisianimal. But the global rap superstar hasn't been back to his native New Orleans in quite some time. Credit his pal T.I. with getting Weezy back to his old 'hood to shoot a video for Tip's new video for "Ball," which premieres Monday night (October 22) at 11:30 p.m. ET on VH1.

"It was weird, because we shot it in my 'hood, and he shot it in some spots that I hadn't been in so long," Wayne told MTV News on Thursday of his and Tip's upcoming clip.

For the song, which will be on T.I's upcoming Trouble Man LP, due December 18, the King of the South enlisted producer Rico Love, who channeled the spirit of Mannie Fresh's bounce-inspired work during Cash Money's early days. "I'm a good-looking rapper, I ain't tryna front/ I'mma fire my blunt like Donald Trump," Weezy F. spits, using his old 1999 rap style.

In order to capture a complimentary visual vibe, T.I. and Weezy trekked to the N.O. and shot a guerrilla-style video like the good old days of Birdman's storied label, when they churned out visuals for Southern classics like "Ha," "Tha Block Is Hot" and "Respect Us."

Nowadays, Wayne resides in Miami, so going back to the place that made him famous was quite the experience. "To just even be back in those spots was crazy and just to have that old atmosphere back, that old Cash Money, shooting videos with the whole 'hood out there, the whole city out there," Weezy said. "Just to know that still exists even now, that was awesome."

What do you think of T.I. and Lil Wayne's latest collaboration? Let us know in the comments!

Related Artists

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment