Wednesday 26 September 2012

Movies X9: MTV News Latest Headlines: Emma Watson 'Hates' Herself In 'Bling Ring'

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
MTV News Latest Headlines: Emma Watson 'Hates' Herself In 'Bling Ring'
Sep 26th 2012, 22:38

MTV News Latest Headlines
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
Emma Watson 'Hates' Herself In 'Bling Ring'
Sep 19th 2012, 10:53

'She represents a lot of what I basically stand against,' actress said of teen bandit character during 'MTV First: The Perks of Being a Wallflower.' By Amy Wilkinson, with reporting by Josh Horowitz

Ezra Miller, Logan Lerman and Emma Watson during "MTV First: The Perks of Being A Wallflower" Photo: Michele Crowe / MTV

If "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" marks actress Emma Watson's first small step toward distancing herself from magical alter-ego Hermione Granger, consider "The Bling Ring" one giant leap.

Watson, along with "Perks" co-stars Logan Lerman and Ezra Miller, took to the MTV airwaves on Tuesday to debut an exclusive clip from their coming-of-age film, followed by an interview on MTV.com with Josh Horowitz. And while talk focused largely on their Stephen Chbosky adaptation (which opens in New York and L.A. on September 21), Watson gamely previewed her role in the Sofia Coppola caper drama.

Written and directed by the auteur, the movie is inspired by a real-life group of teens who burglarized the homes of Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Rachel Bilson and several more celebrities living in the Hollywood Hills. Watson plays one of the teens named Nicki, and she admitted that this will be the first time audiences see a wholly unlikeable Emma on the big screen.

"This is how much I hate myself in the movie: I don't think I'm going to be able to watch it," she said. "I hate myself."

Watson underwent a "makeover" of sorts for the role — one that included, among other things, Ugg boots, a tight pink track suit and fake ink.

"I also want to point out on my lower back, I have an Om Buddha sign, like a tramp stamp," Watson said, referencing an image she tweeted of herself in character. "It was really weird. This is what's so awesome about my job, is that I had to get into the shoes of someone I couldn't relate to. I've never had to do that before, but by the end of it, I don't know, it was really interesting getting into this girl's head. She represents a lot of what I basically stand against. It was really fascinating to break it down, and be like, 'What is this actually about?' It made me like my job a lot."

"The Bling Ring" is just one of a number of projects on Watson's plate, including "Noah" (co-starring Lerman) and the Guillermo del Toro film "Beast," a retelling of the classic "Beauty and the Beast" fairytale.

"We [del Toro and I] met a week or two ago, and we started working on the script, and it's going to go next summer," Watson confirmed. "It's so funny, obviously I've been doing a lot of other work, and I was nervous. I was like, 'Is this going to go away?' And Guillermo is so psyched about it, and he's like been thinking about it so much.

"He brought the book," Watson continued, referencing the director's infamous sketchbooks in which he logs his ideas. "I was like, 'Ah, this is killing me.' I'm very excited."

How well is Emma Watson departing from Hermione? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Related Videos

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment