Friday 7 December 2012

Movies X9: MTV News Latest Headlines: Miguel And Wale Congratulate Each Other On Grammy Nods

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
MTV News Latest Headlines: Miguel And Wale Congratulate Each Other On Grammy Nods
Dec 7th 2012, 23:34

MTV News Latest Headlines
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
Miguel And Wale Congratulate Each Other On Grammy Nods
Dec 7th 2012, 11:30

'Lotus Flower Bomb' collaborators admit to being 'stunned' and 'humbled' by nominations. By Nadeska Alexis

Miguel Photo: Johnny Nunez/Getty Images

The 2013 Grammys nominations list is shining light on a few talented artists who are finally seeing their work recognized, after putting in years of work. That includes Miguel, who racked up an astounding five nominations, and his fellow first-time nominee Wale, who he collaborated with on "Lotus Flower Bomb."

Wale's "Lotus Flower Bomb" received a nod for Best Rap Song while Miguel is up for Best Urban Contemporary Album for Kaleidoscope Dream and Best R&B Performance for "Adorn," among others. Though this is something they've both dreamed of, like most artists have, it was still impossible to see it coming.

"I was in shock, because as much as you hope to be nominated for something like this — it's like the highest honor you can receive or be considered for — you never really know how it's gonna go," Miguel told MTV News of his immediate reaction. "I was definitely very shocked and humbled, and more than anything I was shocked at how many."

Of those five nominations, Miguel has his sights set on one in particular. "Best Urban Contemporary Album would be the one I wanna win the most," he admitted. "I set out to make a great album and as much as "Adorn" has been the catapult, and [has been] what really introduced me to a lot of new audiences, I know that there's a body of work behind it that really is special.

"I feel like it's going to be a statement in my career and sets the tone for the kind of career I want and one that I hope to build," he continued. "It would just be tremendously appreciated."

Miguel also appears on Wale's Grammy-nominated hit single "Lotus Flower Bomb," and he didn't waste any time congratulating him on the honor. "The next time I see him I'm definitely gonna have a drink with him," he said, "I sent him a text message like, 'Congrats on your f---ing Grammy nod you mother----er!"

Miguel will perform at "Big & Best Of 2012" live stream. Get the deats here!

Hard to say who was more excited to reach out first. "I tried to call [Miguel] but then I realized — yo, he got five nominations, he's probably really busy [taking in] whatever the emotion it is, lemme just give him a couple days," Wale told MTV News.

"Lotus Flower Bomb" appears on Wale's sophomore album Ambition and even the D.C. rapper couldn't contain his surprise at the nomination. "I was stunned," he said. "I was actually on stage in Miami, and a friend of mine at Roc Nation texted me, but it was just was happening so fast....then I thought it was a joke and didn't wanna get too excited because I thought it would've been a misunderstanding. But then I [realized], this s--- is real. This is what I worked for and now it's really here."

"You're talking to somebody who really just works all day, doesn't have much of a social life, and has no children, so this is really it. This is huge and it means the world to me because I write every song with the intent to live the full life of a great song. Not to say I'm shooting for a Grammy with every song, but every song I write is intended to be heard by everybody. That's what we all want and just to know that I'm on the Grammy committee's radar sets off a whole 'nother spark in my creativity."

We won't get to find out the winners until February 10, 2013 but before then we'll get to hear the story of how "Lotus Flower Bomb" came about. "I'm gonna tell that story in a couple of weeks," Wale noted. "The end of the story is a tap on the shoulder and me whispering to Miguel 'I told you.'"

Throw your support behind Miguel and Wale for their Grammy nods in the comments!

Related Artists

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment