Monday 1 October 2012

Movies X9: Celebrity HuffingtonPost.com: Xtina To Label: 'You Are Working With A Fat Girl'

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
Celebrity HuffingtonPost.com: Xtina To Label: 'You Are Working With A Fat Girl'
Oct 1st 2012, 15:31

Celebrity HuffingtonPost.com
Celebrity HuffingtonPost.com
Xtina To Label: 'You Are Working With A Fat Girl'
Oct 1st 2012, 12:56

Christina Aguilera's known for being the outspoken judge on "The Voice," and now she's not holding back when it comes to discussing her weight in the new issue of Billboard magazine. The former "Mickey Mouse Club" star -- who, along with her young co-stars Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, was catapulted into musical fame -- says she felt pigeonholed and pressured to maintain a "skinny, blue-eyed white girl" appearance, even though she was quickly tiring of the image.

"During the promotion of my album Stripped [in 2002], I got tired of being a skinny white girl. I am Ecuadorian but people felt so safe passing me off as a skinny, blue-eyed white girl," Aguilera told the publication.

She describes an "emergency meeting" arranged by the label after discovering that Aguilera had added extra weight to her petite 5-foot-1-inch frame.

"The next time my label saw me, I was heavier, darker and full of piercings!... Let me tell you, that wasn't an easy pill for them to swallow. I had gained about 15 pounds during promotion and during my Stripped tour [with Justin Timberlake, 31]. They called this serious emergency meeting about how there was a lot of backlash about my weight. Basically, they told me I would affect a lot of people if I gained weight -- the production, musical directors."

The comments spurred Aguilera to drop the weight and become "toothpick thin" for her 2006 Back to Basics tour, but the 31-year-old singer has a decidedly different perspective about her body and yo-yo diets now. Aguilera recently announced that she was quitting "The Voice" to work on a new album, Lotus -- her first in two years. And she flat-out told her producers that her body was no longer up for discussion.

"I told them during this Lotus recording, 'You are working with a fat girl. Know it now and get over it,'" she said. "My body can't put anyone in jeopardy of not making money anymore -- my body is just not on the table that way anymore."

Aguilera doesn't appear to be shy about showing off her fuller-figured frame. Her new video for "Your Body," off the upcoming album, shows the star showing off her own body while wearing skintight dresses and corset tops as she sings, "All I wanna do is love your body / Oooooh ooooh oooooh oooooooh /Tonight's your lucky night, I know you want it /Oooooh ooooh oooooh oooooooh."

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment