Tuesday 16 October 2012

Movies X9: MTV News Latest Headlines: Pusha T's 'New God Flow' Lyrics Aimed At Birdman

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
MTV News Latest Headlines: Pusha T's 'New God Flow' Lyrics Aimed At Birdman
Oct 16th 2012, 18:26

MTV News Latest Headlines
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
Pusha T's 'New God Flow' Lyrics Aimed At Birdman
Oct 16th 2012, 06:16

MC says the Cruel Summer track was in response to a comment by the YMCMB boss that 'G.O.O.D. Music ain't nothing.' By Nadeska Alexis

Pusha T Photo: Daniel Boczarski/ WireImage

Pusha T has stopped pretending to take subliminal jabs at Drake, openly calling him out when asked about a snarky comment the Toronto rapper made during Jay-Z's Made in America festival, but now the G.O.O.D. Music rapper reveals that "New God Flow" was in response to another member of the YMCMB family: Birdman.

In an interview with Hip-Hop Wired, Pusha maintains that he (and even his girl) thought that Lil Wayne's "Ghoulish" dis track was so bad that he didn't bother to respond, and then he fills in some other details.

Pusha admits that while Kanye might be oblivious to shots throw by Drake, he doesn't deal with the jabs as well. "Some people are at a level in their career... like, 'Ye is at a level in his career where he shouldn't even respond," he explained. "Like, he shouldn't even hear a shot. I don't know if he hear shots or he even pays attention to it. I'm petty."

"Like I said, I have no issue with them, man," he added, initially referring to Drake and Lil Wayne. "I just refuse to be talked about. I will not be disrespected and anyone I stand next to won't be disrespected. I know the good intentions of my crew. They ain't nothing like me. They ain't like that they really just about their music. I take things a certain way. I take interviews in magazines personal and s--t, when you say, 'G.O.O.D Music ain't nothing.' Like, I take s--t like that sensitive."

"That's how I made 'New God Flow' that's what that s--- is about," he said, going on to explain that it was actually words from Birdman that inspired his portion of the Cruel Summer track. " 'New God Flow' was about, in my view, something I read in a Birdman interview that I didn't like. He said something like 'G.O.O.D. Music isn't nothing,' and it had nothing to do with Wayne or Drake per se. That was Birdman saying whatever he wanted to say and that was the basis of where all of my lines came from. Everybody else was on their love of hip-hop s--t."

Is it surprising that Pusha's lyrics on "New God Flow" are aimed at the YMCMB camp? Leave your thoughts in the comments section!

Related Artists

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment