Monday 22 October 2012

Movies X9: MTV News Latest Headlines: Ellie Goulding Announces 2013 Halcyon Days Tour

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
MTV News Latest Headlines: Ellie Goulding Announces 2013 Halcyon Days Tour
Oct 22nd 2012, 17:49

MTV News Latest Headlines
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
Ellie Goulding Announces 2013 Halcyon Days Tour
Oct 22nd 2012, 05:19

Monthlong tour kicks off in January in Miami before making stops across North America. By Jocelyn Vena

Ellie Goulding Photo: Getty Images

Ellie Goulding will soon be packing her bags for her upcoming Halcyon Days Tour. The "Lights" singer will kick off her 2013 trek on January 16 in Miami.

The monthlong tour will make stops all over North America, including dates in Atlanta, New York City, Chicago and more. It will wrap up on February 12 in Los Angeles.

"I'm so excited to start touring my new album Halcyon properly," Goulding said in a statement on Monday. "I'm incredibly proud of this record and the reaction has been over-whelming. Touring and playing shows is my favorite part of what I do, and I really can't wait to get on the road."

Following up the release of her 2010 debut album, which spawned the inescapable "Lights," she dropped Halcyon earlier this month. "I've got more influences and different influences," she told MTV News about her sophomore effort. "I think it's a different sound. It is kind of a bit more tribal, a bit more anthemic."

For it, the singer not only wrote about a former flame, but also worked with her current one, fellow EDM star, Skrillex. "I feel like everyone's really fascinated by my love life for some reason. I think it's because I write so explicitly about stuff. It's just how I've always been, really, with lyrics and being really honest," Goulding explained about people's fascination with her personal life and its ties to her music.

She added, "I get girls writing to me saying I've really helped them through stuff, and it makes me feel incredible. You know, serious, heavy stuff. And that, to me, I feel is one of my biggest achievements. So maybe that's the source of why people are so interested in who I am, in fact, with, or dating, whatever."

In addition to Halcyon, Goulding's work with Skrillex is also set to appear on the "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" soundtrack, out next month. "I'm not a Twi-hard but I take it for what it is; it's a cool thing and I can see why there's a huge fanbase," she said. "[And] they choose the best stuff for the soundtrack, so I'm really lucky to be a part of that!"

Halcyon Days Tour dates:

»1/16- Miami, FL @ The Fillmore »1/17- Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live »1/18- Atlanta, GA @ Tabernacle »1/20- Silver Spring, MD @ The Fillmore »1/21- New York, NY @ Terminal 5 »1/23- Boston, MA @ House of Blues »1/25- Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory »1/26- Montreal, QC @ Metropolis »1/28- Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre »1/29- Chicago, IL @ Aragon Ballroom »1/30- Saint Louis, MO @ The Pageant »2/1- Denver, CO @ Ogden »2/2- Salt Lake City, UT @ The Depot »2/4- Seattle, WA @ Showbox Sodo »2/5- Vancouver, BC @ Commodore »2/6- Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom »2/8- Oakland, CA @ Fox Theatre »2/12- Los Angeles, CA @ The Palladium

Related Artists

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment