Friday 26 October 2012

Movies X9: MTV News Latest Headlines: Meek Mill On Rick Ross: 'No Man Determines My Future'

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
MTV News Latest Headlines: Meek Mill On Rick Ross: 'No Man Determines My Future'
Oct 27th 2012, 00:03

MTV News Latest Headlines
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
Meek Mill On Rick Ross: 'No Man Determines My Future'
Oct 26th 2012, 11:54

'I just jumped on a train that made sense,' Philly rapper tells 'RapFix Live' of linking up with Maybach Music Group. By Rob Markman

Meek Mill on "RapFix Live" Photo: MTV News

No question, linking with Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group has helped shine a spotlight on Meek Mill, but in no way is the Philadelphia spitter reliant on the Bawse to make a way for him.

"Me, I don't rely on no man in the world. I don't think no man determines my future," Milly said on Wednesday's "RapFix Live" in response to a Joe Budden question about Ross' effect on the rookie MC's career.

Meek, who is getting set to release his debut album, Dreams & Nightmares,on Tuesday, was already an established figure on the Philly rap scene when he first met Rozay.

"When I met Ross, I was onstage in front of 30,000 people and he watchin' from the side, like, 'Yeah, this a good investment,' " Meek said, referencing the annual Powerhouse concert in his native Pennsylvania, which he now performs at every year. "I was already on my train; my train was rollin'. I just jumped on a train that made sense."

When it came time to craft his upcoming LP, the "I'ma Boss" lyricist said the MMG CEO gave him creative space and didn't dictate his every move in the studio. "Ross hold us down 100, but Ross don't tell you how to do songs or nothing like that," he said.

Instead, Meek just brought the experienced hitmaker the three songs from the album on which he wanted him to appear: "Believe It," "Maybach Curtains" and "Lay Up."

"He trust me and I trust Ross," Meek said. "I think everything will be good."

Related Videos

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment