Thursday 4 October 2012

Movies X9: MTV News Latest Headlines: T.I. Rescued Creed's Scott Stapp After Suicide Attempt

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
MTV News Latest Headlines: T.I. Rescued Creed's Scott Stapp After Suicide Attempt
Oct 4th 2012, 17:21

MTV News Latest Headlines
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
T.I. Rescued Creed's Scott Stapp After Suicide Attempt
Oct 4th 2012, 05:16

'He immediately took care of the situation and saved my life,' Stapp told VH1's 'Big Morning Buzz Live.' By Nadeska Alexis

T.I. and Creed's Scott Stapp Photo: Getty Images

Have you been formally introduced to T.I. — rapper, actor, father and hero? During a promotional run for his new memoir, Scott Stapp, the lead singer of Creed, revealed that Tip literally saved his life after an attempted suicide.

Stapp, who opens "Sinner's Creed" with the harrowing story, shared an abbreviated version of the events during a visit to VH1's "Big Morning Buzz Live." Stapp explained that he'd checked into the penthouse of Miami's Delano Hotel during a drug binge. After days of being awake, phantom voices and the hotel's white walls prompted visions of being trapped in an asylum, and Stapp jumped over his balcony, falling 40 feet. He fractured his skull, broke his hip and nose and couldn't move. Then, in comes T.I. "I laid out there for two and a half hours and my guardian angel showed up — rapper T.I.," Stapp said. "He immediately took care of the situation and saved my life."

Amazingly enough, the two musicians had crossed paths just once before. "I had met T.I. back in 2004, we were both writing songs for The Passion of The Christ: Songs Inspired By (soundtrack) and we had briefly interacted there and knew what each looked like," he revealed. "We'd talked about being fans of Alabama."

"It's ironic — he walked in, and I found out later it was the only room left in the hotel and he came in off the street and came out, and as I'm laying on the ledge, blood fell to [T.I.'s] feet and he looked up and he had an Alabama hat on. I said, 'roll tide,' and then he looked at me and put two and two together and really saved my life."

This isn't T.I.'s first time playing hero in a life or death situation. In 2010, en route to a music video shoot, he talked an Atlanta man out of jumping off a 22-story building. "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life," T.I. was heard telling the man in video footage. "I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

Have you gotten your copy of "Sinner's Creed" yet? Let us know in the comments!

Related Artists

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment