Friday 19 October 2012

Movies X9: MTV News Latest Headlines: Mac Miller's 'Three Fans' Didn't Stop Him From Making It Big

Movies X9
Movies News.....www.moviesx9.koolcentre.in,movies news.....www.koolcentre.in
MTV News Latest Headlines: Mac Miller's 'Three Fans' Didn't Stop Him From Making It Big
Oct 20th 2012, 00:11

MTV News Latest Headlines
Get the latest music, celebrity and movie news from MTV.com.
Mac Miller's 'Three Fans' Didn't Stop Him From Making It Big
Oct 19th 2012, 12:04

You kind of pretend you're bigger than you are,' he says of beginnings in MTV's 'This Is How I Made It,' airing Saturday at 12 p.m. ET/PT. By Maurice Bobb

Mac Miller in "This Is How I Made It" Photo: MTV News

Mac Miller made history last year when his independently released album, Blue Slide Park, debuted at #1 on the Billboard albums chart with sales of more than 144,000. On the second installment of MTV's "This Is How I Made It," the Pittsburgh rapper explains how he went from having just three fans to becoming one of the most popular rappers in the game.

"If I had three people anticipating a video, I would be like 'So, who's ready for this video? You guys ready?' " Mac Miller reveals in a preview of the upcoming episode. " 'I'm about to drop it any minute now!' And it's like three people. And most people would be like, 'Ok, man, I hate myself. I have three fans. I suck.' But to me, it was like, 'Up! You guys ready?!' "

Despite starting off with just three fans, Mac Millions built his loyal fanbase organically and saw the fruits of his labor pay off when his first album became the first indie debut LP to hit #1 since 1995's Dogg Food by Tha Dogg Pound.

"I thought the ticket to making it was being signed to a record label, you know?" Mac said. "There was just no kinda way that was going to happen. I couldn't figure out how to do it. That's when I took to like Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to try and build a following. So, I always just wanted to flood the Internet with material and content and character and personality. I wanted people to know who I was to know what I was about — kind of let people into my life a little bit."

In the episode, Mac reveals one of the first rhymes he ever spit: "First name Mac, last name Miller/ From Pittsburgh, so I rep them Steelers."

"You kind of pretend you're bigger than you are," Mac explained. "It sounds weird, but you want to make it seem like you were established."

Mac is currently busy completing his second official album, Watching Movies With the Sound Off, but before the sophomore project is released, he'll be dropping a collaborative Pink Slime EP with Pharrell Williams before the year is out. Mac took to Twitter two months ago to drop the first single, "Glow," from the EP.

Mac Miller's "This Is How I Made It," episode airs Saturday at 12 p.m. ET on MTV.

Related Videos Related Artists

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment